(Adding dbi-dev to conversation for
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=72588)

Still debugging DBD::SNMP right now, and I'm currently fighting with
SQL::Statement to allow for schema.table formats. The idea would that it
would be possible to reference the MIB name within the table, like
IF_MIB.ifTable for IF-MIB::ifTable. However, I'm finding all kinds of code
that strips the schema from the table name.

So far, I've found code in parse, TABLE_NAME, IDENTIFIER, and open_tables.
So it seems that SQL::Statement -really- wants to remove the schema. What
kind of pitfalls would I encounter if I allowed for a schema.table format?
I have removed the code to test with, and it appears to work just fine (so
far).  For IDENTIFIER, I added this:

return $self->IDENTIFIER($1) && $self->IDENTIFIER($2) if ( $id =~
m/^(.+)\.([^\.]+)$/ ); # check both schema/table

I'd like to turn this into a patch, since I have a need to have these
available.  Given that this is a change to the general functionality of
SQL::Statement, I'm open to adding this in as a flag of some sort.

--
Brendan Byrd/SineSwiper <sineswi...@gmail.com>
Computer tech, Perl wizard, and all-around Internet guru