On 02/10/12 09:56, Yanick Champoux wrote:
      which should be okay, but I'm suddenly thinking: on some shells
'exit' might not do what we would expect. Indeed, I just tried:

$ perl -E'say system "exit 1"'
-1

And just to keep things interesting, I've noticed that I forgot the ending semi-colon that is in the test. But surely that won't--

$ perl -E'say system "exit 1"; say system "exit 1;"'
-1
256

--make a difference... Uuuh, okay, I need to brush up my shell syntax skills. And should probably look into making that test slightly less shell-dependent.

Joy,
`/anick