On 23/02/12 11:04, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 08:40:09PM +0000, Martin J. Evans wrote:
I've applied Dave's patch and tested in on Windows with Perl 5.8.9
and it now compiles without errors.

Also the patch from Manoj Kumar is applied and this fixes gofer tests.

Great. Thanks Martin.

I'd suggest you (Tim) did one more development release with the
changes file amended to move the 2 changes post 15148 into a new
versions and I will test it on previously failing Windows platforms
and whatever other platforms I can find. In the mean time I'd also
suggest we did not apply any more changes.

*nods*

I've uploaded DBI-1.617_904.tar.gz

On the Windows smokers question, I tried that a few years ago and
found it a PITA eventually bringing my machine to a stand still. To
be honest I found smoke testing on Linux/AIX/Solaris a PITA too but
just not as much as Windows. Too many modules prompt even under
smoke testing or have incorrect dependencies so my exclusion list
just kept growing and growing. I just looked and I have 32263 smoke
reports but you've no idea what problems were caused generating them
and I eventually gave up - I really don't know how bingos (Chris
Williams) etc manage to generate so many. Personally, I'd change
cpan shell to send installation results by default but I don't
really understand the complexities of this (even if they were
anonymous).

I'll pass that on.

Tim.

I've tested the following ok:

linux multi-thread 5.10.1
linux !threaded 5.14.2
Windows 7 Strawberry Perl 5.12.1 multi-thread
Windows XP 5.8.9 (compiled by me with MS Vis C)

I didn't report them via CPAN::Reporter as I could not make it build on 5.8.9
Windows and I haven't got time to look into it.

All work and the 2 windows ones didn't used to.

Merijn has tested:

HP-UX 11.31/64 5.14.2 IA64.ARCHREV_0-LP64-ld  OK
HP-UX 11.23/64 5.10.1 IA64.ARCHREV_0-LP64 OK
HP-UX 11.11/64 5.10.1 PA-RISC2.0-LP64 OK
HP-UX 11.00/64 5.10.1 PA-RISC2.0 OK
HP-UX 10.20/32 5.8.8 PA-RISC2.0 OK
AIX 5.3.0.0ML12/64 5.10.1 aix-64all OK
Windows7pro/64-SP1 5.12.1 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (Strawberry) OK

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited