On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 09:23:13AM +0200, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:

> It is also used by a number of modules on CPAN, so we have to be careful
> with backwards compatibility.

According to MetaCPAN, the current authors and distributions that depend
on Test::Database are:
- BARBIE
    CPAN-Testers-Data-Generator
    CPAN-Testers-Common-DBUtils
    Labyrinth
    CPAN-Testers-Data-Uploads
    CPAN-Testers-Data-Addresses
    CPAN-Testers-WWW-Reports-Mailer
    CPAN-Testers-Data-Release
- HORNBURG
    Dancer-Plugin-Interchange6
    Dancer-Plugin-Nitesi
    Nitesi-DBI
- MLAWREN
    DBIx-ThinSQL
    SQL-DB
- CFAERBER
    DateTime-Format-DBI
- JAME
    FTN-Database (does not actually use Test::Database)
- ADAMK
    Xtract
- SILASMONK
    CGI-Application-Plugin-PageLookup
    (in CPAN ratings, the author says "Please don't use this module. It
    will be deleted eventually.")

I think it should be fairly easy to obtain some collaboration from the first
three authors at least.

Looking at some of the existing test suites using Test::Database, I've
noted the following:
- it should be possible to make negative queries (e.g. "any DSN, but
  not for SQLite2 or DBM)
- I've seen the following used in several places:
  $handle->{driver}->drop_database($handle->name);

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 You can always buy another house but you cannot put a price on a home.