On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 11:49:15 +0000, Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com>
wrote:

> Too late. It's already been released, and testing fairly well
> http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=DBI+1.632
>
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 10:43:19AM +0100, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> > https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=100188
> >
> > DBD::File has an issue that might cause backward compat:
>
> > Now we have both a numeric TYPE attribute and a matching TYPE_NAME
> > attribute, but how much DBD::File uses might this break?
> >
> > MY opinion is that we should meet the DBI docs: return NUMERIC for the
> > TYPE attribute. All DBD::File consumers that ever depended on STRING
> > behavior depended on implementation (error) instead of docs
>
> Seems reasonable.
>
> But, while that's being developed and tested against a number of DBD's,
> should there be a DBI-1.633 release that undoes the breakage in the
> short term?

That *is* an option, but that ticket showd me the "flaw" in 1.632,
which - not on purpose - surfaced the bug in DBD::CSV, as it only
enabled the misbehavior on DBD::File::VERSION >= 0.43

That version got bumped for the f_dir security fix, and IMHO adding
this fix warrants a small wait

If you agree, I'll add some tests this weekend

> Tim.

using perl5.00307 .. 5.21   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE