A discussion started on dbi-users which I thought seemed more appropriate to continue on dbi-dev assuming it caries on in the direction of a design discussion. I have quoted the important parts of each original message below, to get it started. -- Darren Duncan

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Perl 6 and DBI
Date: Thu,  5 Feb 2015 00:23:40 -0000
From: Greg Sabino Mullane <g...@turnstep.com>
To: dbi-us...@perl.org

As you may have heard, Larry Wall gave a speech recently declaring
the goal of releasing Perl 6 this year, 2015. Honestly, there
is little chance of me using Perl 6 until it has a good, working
DBI. Anyone know the state of things with DBI and Perl6? Is the
goal still to implement what is basically DBI v2, or perhaps
someone is working on a simple port of the existing DBI? Is
a working DBI even on their list of blocker features for a release?