Hello,

I would like to announce that after few months of DBD::MariaDB
development, beta version 0.90_01 of DBD::MariaDB is now on CPAN:

 https://metacpan.org/release/PALI/DBD-MariaDB-0.90_01

DBD::MariaDB is a DBI driver for connecting to the MariaDB or the MySQL
database. It is a fork of the DBD::mysql 4.041 driver. This fork's
primary focus is fixing Unicode bugs & security problems, adding support
for new versions of MariaDB and MySQL client libraries and other things
which are not possible to fix in DBD::mysql due to legacy problems. See
previous emails:

 https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.dev/2017/08/msg8030.html
 https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.dev/2018/01/msg8151.html

DBD::MariaDB is currently developed in GoodData. Our git repository is
public at GitHub and we are open for pull requests from the community,
as well.

 https://github.com/gooddata/DBD-MariaDB

Version 0.90_01 is marked as a beta. We would like to get feedback from
the community. If you find a bug or have a suggestion for improvement,
fell free to report it on GitHub:

 https://github.com/gooddata/DBD-MariaDB/issues

We are using Travis for testing and continuous integration with more
then hundred configurations of MySQL/MariaDB client/server versions and
different Perl versions. This setup ensures that the driver can be
compiled with any client library and can connect to remote MariaDB/MySQL
server in any version. Travis status is available at:

 https://travis-ci.org/gooddata/DBD-MariaDB

Major changes for DBD::MariaDB 0.90_01 since DBD::mysql 4.041 are:

- Fix for CVE-2017-10788 (use-after-free)
- Fix for CVE-2017-3302 (use-after-free)
- Fix for CVE-2018-2767 (TLS is not enforced)

- Compatibility fixes for MariaDB 10.2.4+, 10.3.0+
- Compatibility fixes for MariaDB Connector/C 2.3.0+, 3.0.2+
- Compatibility fixes for MySQL 5.7.6+, 8.0+

- Full Unicode support according to Perl Unicode model
- Automatically established utf8mb4 (or utf8) connection encoding
- Embedded server support integrated into main DBD::MariaDB driver
- Fix $dbh->ping(), $dbh->last_insert_id() and $dbh->get_info()
- Fix processing statements with nul bytes

The whole changelog for DBD::MariaDB 0.90_01 is available at:

 https://metacpan.org/release/PALI/DBD-MariaDB-0.90_01