-----Original Message-----
From: Rice, Wayne R (Sybase)
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 1:56 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: How to install DBI on AIX; need DBDSybase and DBDOracle to work

Anyone, (Eric of Sybase, can you help me/Wes with this?)

This is my third attempt at getting a reply from the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
group.  PLEASE, ANYONE SAY SOMETHING SO I KNOW I'M GETTING THROUGH.

I need to gain access to Oracle and Sybase on an AIX Unix system via trying
to install DBI (non-ActiveStat DBI).  I tried perl makefile.pl; make; etc.
as the README suggested to no avail.  Please advise what steps do I need to
follow to get things to work on this platform.

Wes Stephens, also in this email, will receive any mail in reply as I may be
out some of next week so please reply to ALL.

(Note: I am able to do everything I need to via ActivePerl DBI, DBDSybase
and DBDOracle.  I used PPM to install the 1 DBI and 2 DBD packages on NT for
this and it all went smooth...)  But getting DBI to work (makefile.pl, make,
etc) has not been possible.

Could someone reply from the user group so I know I'm getting through
please...  THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!  Here are the files requested per
Mr. Bunce re the runtimes and perl -V environment ...

Thank You,
Wayne Rice
Sybase, Inc.