On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 03:01:23 +0200 Boris Penchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think that if you use prepare and execute method, you must use finish.
> I had problems before in one my script, because i forgot to insert it.

finish() is only necessary if you don't fetch all the rows from a statement
handle.

>From the fine manual (http://xmlproj.com/fom-serve/cache/49.html):

  Indicates that no more data will be fetched from this statement
  handle before it is either executed again or destroyed. The
  finish method is rarely needed, but can sometimes be helpful in
  very specific situations to allow the server to free up resources
  (such as sort buffers).

It's much safer to disconnect() at the time of your choosing rather than
letting it happen during global destruction.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html