On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:03:10 -0600, Ben Siders wrote:

Hi Ben

>This isn't strictly Perl-related, but sorta.  I'm trying to build a
>generic web-based database browser for PostgreSQL and I can't figure
>out
>how to query the database for a list of tables, indeces, and
>columns.
>Naturally, my browser will be a collection of Perl CGI scripts, but
>in
>this case, I'm more interested in how to ask the database for this
>data
>than the Perl-specific implementation.

If you go here and check out tut # 35:
http://savage.net.au/Perl-tutorials.html
you'll see such a browser for MySQL.

I'm currently redesigning it, in my head, to support both MySQL and
Postgres, and perhaps ODBC, so I am definitely interested in hearing
more about your project.
--
Cheers
Ron Savage, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 21/01/2003