Ron Savage wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:37:43 -0500, Scott R. Godin wrote:
>>Ron Savage wrote:
>
> Hi Scott
>
>>Yes, unfortunately there's no default $ENV{TEMP} on unix..
>>
>>I've been considering using File::Temp, File::MkTemp, or IO::File
>>instead,
>>but just haven't gotten around to futzing with it. :-)
>
> OK
>
>>File::Spec would be the most portable way to specify the directory
>>path, but
>>that's as far as I've gotten. Originally I ported this from the
>>MacPerl
>>version I started playing with the idea on, and then added the unix
>>/tmp
>>conventions to make certain things easier for myself.
>
> OK.
>
> The other thing is, Tom Phoenix's script (not module), inside, from
> CPAN, finds quite a few other modules not found by your script.

Oh? Such as? This method is similar to ones used as example material (but
expanded upon) in CPAN.pm. I'd be surprised that it doesn't find all the
installed modules. Perhaps this is a bug in CPAN.pm ?

Do you have a URL for this script ? I'd like to see what it does and how.
You say it's on CPAN? If so I can probably find it.