On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 09:06:59PM -0700, Ron Ih wrote:

> I have tried editing the /etc/my.cnf file which is shown below:
>
> [client]
> port=3306
> socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> [mysqld]
> port=3306
> socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
> set-variable = key_buffer_size=16M

[snip]

> However, the make test keeps failing with the error messages shown
> at the bottom of this email. It keeps trying to connect to MySQL
> through the socket in /tmp when its in /var/lib/mysql. How do I
> tell the compiler to look there? I am concerned that the compiler
> will direct the driver to look in /tmp. The perl Makefile.PL and
> make seem to work OK.

I don't believe that DBD::mysql reads my.cnf.  The solution I used
was to symlink /var/lib/mysql.sock to /tmp/mysql.sock; you can do
this temporarily to pass make test, then read perldoc DBD::mysql
to see how to configure the socket file in the DBI->connect call.

(I'm not sure if there's an easy way to tell make test the location
of mysql.sock--someone who knows DBD::mysql better may give a more
accurate answer.)

--keith

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]