From: Jeff Urlwin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 10:37 AM
To: 'Paul Clements'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Binary releases for DBI and DBD:Oracle for ActivePerl Build
808

It sounds like you were running the older .dll from the newer perl.

Are you sure you:
        a) Didn't have the Oracle.dll loaded so that ppm failed to
overwrite it?
                (reboot and re-run ppm should fix it, I would think)
        b) On one machine, when I overwrote 5.6.1 (build 63x) with 5.8.2
(808), it asked me to reboot, did you?

I *just* installed a fresh 808 on a machine, did the ppm and ran a test
script that did a select * from tab.  It worked.

Jeff