"Wow, I was way off!" - quote from "Dumb and Dumber".  Like I said,
Ronald is much more knowledgable than I :-)

Hardy

>>> "Ronald J Kimball" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/24/04 04:50PM >>>
The $sth->finish() isn't doing anything; there's an implicit
$sth->finish()
when $sth->fetchrow_hashref() gets to the end of the result set in
your
while loop.

I think that another session had a lock on the table, which was causing
the
UPDATE statement to block, and that this other session has since
released
the lock.

I created my own ChunkMail table, and the original script worked just
fine.

Ronald

While