On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:37:37 -0500 (EST), David N Murray wrote:

>I thought this worked, but when I test it now, I can't get it to work.

It works for recent enough versions of DBD::ODBC. More or less.

Except that column_info returns NULLABLE true for columns that can't be
NULL, doubles (float) have a COLUMNS_SIZE of 53, which is the number of
bits in the mantissa, not the number of digits; also for doubles the
number of DECIMAL_DIGITS is undefined... (using DBI 1.37, DBD::ODBC
1.06, and Access '97)

At least it gets the data type for the columns right, that and the
length for VARCHAR fields. It's a start... (meager, but a start anyway)

--
        Bart.