Paste in your database connect statement.  Are you setting RaiseError,
PrintError, and AutoCommit?  Which database are you using?  Are you
doing any error checking of DBI statements?  And as was just pointed out
by someone else, does the user you are connecting with have update
permissions in your production database?

>>> Mark Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/02/04 08:52AM >>>
Hi,
I designed my application on a test database and it worked fine without
commiting the database handle. But now when I've moved it to the
production database my updates wont commit - even when I do issue a
commit on the DBH?!?!

while(certain condition) {
                                    $sql = qq{UPDATE table SET
field=value} ;
                                    $sth = $dbh->prepare($sql) ;
                                    $sth->execute;

                                    $dbh->commit();

                                  }
$sth->finish;
$dbh->disconnect;

I've tried the commit outside the while statement with no luck. Any
ideas?
Mark