Sorry amonotod,

I don't recall what Michael (Peppler) said about BLK API, but if he
said it I'm sure it's true :-)   Michael is *the* guy for DBD::Sybase
and dare I say one of the most knowledgable DBI, DBD::Sybase, Perl,
Sybase, etc. people around.  I don't mean to slight any others - there
are a lot of excellent people here.  My first introduction to Perl DBI
was several years ago with Sybase and DBD::Sybase, and Michael was very
fast to respond to problems/questions and was very helpful.  Too many
other excellent people to list here, but since you were wondering about
something Michael said I thought I would elaborate a little ;-)

>>> amonotod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/13/04 04:11PM >>>
> From: "Hardy Merrill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2004/07/13 Tue PM 07:42:25 GMT

> Original poster: did you use either the "quote" method, or better
yet
> did you use placeholders??

You know, to be more accurate, I am indeed using placeholders,
after constucting my sql statement from my field names.  Placeholders
are a really cool way to do it, I've been getting 300K+ inserts done
in less than a minute.

I noticed, in the message this morning from M. Peppler, that he
mentioned
 a BLK API, but I've never heard of this before.  Does DBI in general
support this, or only certain DBDs?

> Hardy Merrill

Thanks,
amonotod (all lower case, btw... :-)