By "no records are returned" do you mean you are trying to SELECT from
an access database?  Copy/paste in an example of something that's not
working for you, along with what versions of these you are using:
   Perl
   DBI
   DBD::ODBC(?) - which DBD module are you using to access "Access"?

>>> PerlDiscuss - Perl Newsgroups and mailing lists
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/15/04 01:04PM >>>
If the string passed to Access has a number at the end no records are
returned.

If I remove the number and there are records in the file that match
the
remaining characters then records are returned.

I can go into Access and use the same string and the search works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ross McQueen
Department of Soil Science
University of Manitoba