Like Michael has nicely suggested to you twice now,

  1. read the documentation, and after you've read the documentation,
  2. try to do a connect yourself using examples in the documentation,
and
      *then* if you still have problems,
  3. post a message to dbi-users@perl.org, and in your message
         - post the code that you tried
         - post the error that you got

If you do these things then people will be happy to help you.  But we
have to know that you've at least read the documentation and tried what
the documentation suggests.

HTH.

Hardy Merrill

On 01/21/2005 06:59 AM, sudheer raghav said:

>   am new to perl.
>  how to connect postgresql database to perl.

I replied to an identical message from you dated 01/17/2005 11:43 PM
with:

=====
Please look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

For DBI,
   http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/DBI.pm
   http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/
   http://search.cpan.org/~timb/DBI/lib/DBI/FAQ.pm

For DBD::Pg,
   http://search.cpan.org/author/RUDY/DBD-Pg/Pg.pm
   http://search.cpan.org/author/RUDY/DBD-Pg/

I am not an expert on DBD::Pg, so replying directly to me is useless.
Reply to the list so someone else can help you.
=====

I will ignore any further emails from you.  The correct forum is
dbi-users@perl.org .

--
Mac :})
** I usually forward private questions to the appropriate mail list.