On a Solaris system, we recently had our database moved to a new box, newer Oracle version (9-something). Our client software is still 8.1.6. What we're seeing are cases where the database goes down, and we don't always see the expected ORA-03113 error, whereas before, that error always caused the DBI process to terminate. I suspect this could be a client/server version mismatch issue. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has ever seen this and what the parameters of your particular situation are. Thanks in advance.

--
Steve Sapovits    [EMAIL PROTECTED]