Typically for every "client" machine, you would do as Alec
suggested - first install the client libraries for the specific
database being used, and then install the DBD:: for that
specific database.

There is an alternative, and that is to use DBI::ProxyServer
and DBD::Proxy.  It's been several years since I've used it so
I'm not going to attempt to explain it as it is quite involved.
If you're interested, google for DBI Proxy and I'm sure you'll
find everything you need.

HTH.

Hardy Merrill

>>> "Gokul P. Nair" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/04/05 12:48 PM >>>
Thanks very much for ur response, i have one more
question though. Isn't there some kind of arrangement
like MS ODBC where u just download the driver for the
specific database and then create a DSN (data source
name) and write ur scripts (perl script or anything
else) to execute queries on the remote database. Do i
have to download and install the database driver as
well as client libraries for each computer running the
perl script to execute queries on the remote server?
What if i were to run these perl scripts on a windows
machine, would downloading and installing the driver
alone not suffice?

Thanks again.
Gokul

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/install-procedure.html