Try googling next time for an answer to your question.

I went to google and searched for "db2 timestamp" and this
reference had some good info:

   http://www.craigsmullins.com/dbu_1200.htm

Here's a snippet:

Formatting

If formatting the date and time data is a major consideration for your
application then DATE and TIME may be a better solution. DB2 provides
formatting options for DATE and TIME columns via local DATE and TIME
exits. This means that you can specify a DB2 subsystem-wide default for
the way that date and time values should be displayed. Likewise the CHAR
function and DATE and TIME precompiler options exist for formatting DATE
and TIME data. If the date and time information is to be extracted and
displayed on a report or by an online application, the availability of
these DB2-provided facilities for DATE and TIME columns should be
considered when making your decision.

These facilities are not available for TIMESTAMP columns. There is a
single format for a timestamp value in DB2, and it looks like the sample
shown previously. A timestamp value always begins with the date
component, in the format YYYY-MM-DD combined using a hyphen ("-") to the
time component in the format:

       hh.mm.ss.zzzzzz.

HTH.

Hardy Merrill

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/23/05 11:21 PM >>>

I am having a problem using the Perl DBD::DB2 module to enter a
'TimeStamp'
value into a DB2 table. I have been able to write a perl script which
can
enter an 'integer' or 'varchar' value into a DB2 table. I also need to
enter a 'TimeStamp' value into the same table. I have not been able to
correctly format the 'TimeStamp' value in my script so that the
'INSERT'
command executes without errors.

Does anyone have a perl example script for entering 'TimeStamp' values
into
a DB2 table?

Richard Rice
Continental Tire North America, Inc.