It is interesting to me, how can be faster storing files on disk
versus database. If I have many pictures in database overall
db performance is slower?

Blob access tends to be less effecient due to
buffering and data transfer issues; huge tables
with images require more space and tend to be
slower for scanning (when necessary) due to
larger record overhead (depending on whether
the blobs are stored inline).

Grabbing a relative path (or URI) from the
database as a string doesn't rquire special
buffering or conversions, leaves the table
smaller.

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421