The last two arguments to SQLTables can take a string containing the types you
want:

  SQLTables(stmt_handle,
            NULL, 0, /* no specific catalog */
            NULL, 0, /* no specific schema */
            NULL, 0, /* no specific table */
            NULL, 0) /* no specific type - table or view */

To restrict the result-set to only tables (no views):

  SQLTables(stmt_handle,
            NULL, 0, /* no specific catalog */
            NULL, 0, /* no specific schema */
            NULL, 0, /* no specific table */
            "TABLE", SQL_NTS) /* only tables, no views */

I think there is an equivalent in DBD::ODBC.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Ltd, UK