On 28/10/2012 13:18, Steven Haun wrote:
I have tried cpan and cpanm installs and get very non description errors (other
than failed).  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
I installed DBI on a raspberry Pi ages ago. See bottom of http://www.martin-evans.me.uk/node/142 and http://www.martin-evans.me.uk/node/144

I had some problems running out of memory  (from the above post):

BTW, I tried to install Perl DBI (which does not have many dependencies) with cpanp and after 13 minutes it died with the signal 'Killed' - hmm. I've not investigated further yet - but I had plenty of disk space left on a 4gb card. *UPDATE:* It appears I had some problems with my sd card - switched to another one and the machine seems faster but cpanp still bombs out as before - trying cpanminus. *UPDATE2:* ilmari suggested cpanp might be a big memory user so I installed cpanm and managed to install DBI - although the test suite took over 60 minutes to run.

Doesn't cpanm have a verbose mode.

Martin