On 18/09/13 09:58, Michael Seaton wrote:
Hi there,

I and a colleague have been trying to install Koha (an integrated
library system written in Perl) onto a server. While we've been mostly
successful in installing Koha, we keep getting the following message
whenever we try to log in:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/local/lib64/perl5/DBI.pm line 2059.

While it might be possible to blame Koha for this error message, I
understand that it is only comparatively recently that this message
has started to appear ... and not just for Koha. The same error
message (referring to the same line in DBI.pm) has also recently been
reported for another program (Netdisco), as the following links to
discussion boards/blogs show:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=30768434

http://netdisco.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/manual-netdisco-installation.html

My question is: has there been a recent rewrite of DBI.pm that the
developers of Koha (and Netdisco) have yet to account for, or is the
above error message the result of a bug in DBI.pm?

I'd very much appreciate any advice or information anyone can offer on
this. (Many apologies if someone else has already posted on this
topic!)

Regards,

Michael Seaton

Hi,

It might help to know what version of DBI you are using. I see from the first
link you gave, it looks like someone getting this issue is using DBI 1.625 and
line 2059 is in the middle of the fetchall_arrayref method.

I see in the Change log for 1.620:

=head2 Changes in DBI 1.620 (svn r15300) 25th April 2012

  Modified column renaming in fetchall_arrayref, added in 1.619,
    to work on column index numbers not names (an incompatible change).
  Reworked the fetchall_arrayref documentation.
  Hash slices in fetchall_arrayref now detect invalid column names.

I vaguely recollect this change. Does 1.619 work for you? Can you find the code
which called fetchall_arrayref and show us it as I don't use Koha.

Martin