On 02/06/2014 01:25, Bruce Johnson wrote:
I've been tasked with making our Oracle db (used primarily as a DB
back end for web applications) function within a disaster recovery
plan now that we actually have hardware at a second site to do
disaster recovery  (other than 'Go buy a new server and restore it
from backup' :-)

I'm planning to use Oracle's Data Guard to manage the db backend,
which seems quite straightforward, but my question is about managing
failover (what Oracle calls TAF)