On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 6:12 AM, Alexander Foken <alexan...@foken.de> wrote:

> Problem was using named placeholders (":foo") in DBI and at the same time
> use PL/SQL code containing variables (":bar"), DBI considered both ":foo"
> and ":bar" to be placeholders instead of leaving ":bar" alone and pass it
> to Oracle.

But the fundamental problem was not solved, there was and still is no way
> to escape placeholders.

I think the suggestion of making ::(\w+) become :$1 and exempting that from
placeholder recognition seems like a complete winner and DBD maintainers
could do that right away, and by "do that" I mean accepting, applying, and
redistributing patches..