     From: Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leff...@gmail.com>
 To: Abhishek Mohanty1 <amoha...@in.ibm.com>
 Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 5:47 PM
 Subject: Re: /bin/sh: cc_r: not found

The problem is definitely that you are missing the compiler, cc_r, that was
used to build Perl.

It is not so clear that it is GCC that's missing.  You're on AIX, and the
IBM-provided compilers tend to have names with extensions like _r.  And often
names such as xlc_r.  These might conceivably be in /usr/vac/bin if you have
the software installed at all.

If you can't find cc_r and can't afford to get it, you may be able to get away
with faking it.  However, options such as -qnoansialias are going to cause
problems with most compilers other than the IBM ones.  AFAIK, GCC won't support
those options even on AIX.

Frankly, you may be best off rebuilding Perl yourself with a compiler of your
choosing, and then adding DBI and so on.