Hi,

We have a perl script which is used to connect to all our target databases (
close to 1000) and fetch the user related information and inturn compare it
with our enterprise directory which is used to clear the inactive users
periodically. This was a very old script and it was using Oracle 8i client.
Since most of our systems were upgraded to 12c, 8i client is not compatible
with 12c - so we had to update the perl script to use 10g client instead. After
we did that, we are not able to connect to any databases and getting below
errors. The script exclusively sets TNS_ADMIN to point to right sqlnet.ora.

Need your help to fix this.

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified (DBD: login
failed)

Perl Version:

bash-2.03$ /usr/local/bin/perl -v

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

bash-2.03$

Arunkumar Mani
ITO Service Delivery Consultant