Ron,
I've started working on a DBD::XML driver, and the first pass is looking
good.  I'm doing this because of the demise of DBD::AnyData, and
DBD::AnyData2 isn't ready yet, so until it is I wanted XML support.

Before I go any further, is anyone else working on something similar or
is there something already out there? I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

It sounds vaguely like my https://metacpan.org/release/DBIx-Admin-BackupRestore.

Excellent, thanks so much for the pointer.  I'll take a look and see.

Apart from one change I need to make in terms of column names, I'm pretty much ready to start working on a 0.01 CPAN release. It's read-only, but that's all I need. How do I set about requesting driver registration, or is this mentioning enough?

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne
Conductor: Rockville Brass Band, Washington Metropolitan GSO

Unless it's for my eyes only, please use "reply all"