Hi,

I just upgraded my perl to 5.26.2, DBIx::Class 0.82.841

My DBIx::Class code using an Oracle database then failed because it was making
SQL where instead of a table alias, e.g. "display_status", was inserting the
string "_SHORTEN_IDENTIFIER DISPLAY_STATUS".

The "_shorten_identifer" method is in DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::Oracle. It appears
that this BEGIN block:

BEGIN {
  use DBIx::Class::Optional::Dependencies;
  die('The following extra modules are required for Oracle-based Storages ' .
DBIx::Class::Optional::Dependencies->req_missing_for ('id_shortener') . "\n" )
    unless DBIx::Class::Optional::Dependencies->req_ok_for ('id_shortener');
}

at the top of DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::Oracle was not fatal. One of the
dependencies for "id_shortener" is Math::Base36, which I didn't have installed.
I guess something is trapping the die. I don't understand where the capitalised
method + argument string is coming from!

Having got this far I wasn't inclined to dig further into the magic guts of
DBIx::Class.

        James

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research