Uwe Kiewel wrote:
> Hi @all!
>
> I try to play with DBmail. With the original fedora 7 package and
> self-compiled from scratch I am going to be stopped at the same time.
> The las successful step is the creation of the DB (I use MySQL). I am
> unable to start the dbmail.imap daemon:
>
> un 16 22:05:53 h883354 dbmail-imapd[31473]: FATAL:[db]
> db.c,db_check_version(+127): pre-2.0 database incompatible. You need
> to run the conversion script

Did you follow the instructions in INSTALL?

Sounds like you have a very basic problem with your database setup.

Please make sure the relevant keys in dbmail.conf are correct, and that
you have tested them using the commandline mysql client.

Also make sure that the database schema (sql/mysql/create_tables.mysql)
has been properly loaded.

All the errors you show seem to indicate you are trying to connect to an
empty database.

> Maintenance done. No errors found.
>
> This message is a joke - there many many errors...

Yes that is a known issue with the output from dbmail-util.

  Paul Stevens                                      paul at nfg.nl
  NET FACILITIES GROUP                     GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
  The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl