On 24-02-14 03:40, David B. wrote:
> I have switched to a new ISP that
> doesn't allow me to use port 25 as my
> old one did.  They require port 587.
> Is there anything other than uncommenting
> the 'submission' line in postfix that I have
> to do, to get dbmail working?

Email submission has nothing to do with DBMail. For submission to work
on port 587 uncommenting the relevant line in master.cf is enough.
You'll also have to reload the configuration, of course.

> I suspect I'm currently not receiving my test
> emails because my rdns is still pointing to my
> old IP address, but I can't change that until
> tomorrow.  So I'm just pondering if there is anything
> else on my end that I need to do.

I found that some ISPs even block 587! If that is the case, just
duplicate the submission line in master.cf, and change the submission
word in some unused port. I typically use 2025 as an alternative for
submission (587):

2025      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd