Hello Kai,

the DBpedia class glacier
[http://mappings.dbpedia.org/server/ontology/classes/Glacier] is currently sub
of dbo:NaturalPlace and there are infobox mappings in
english [http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_en:Infobox_glacier],
belarus
[http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_be:%D0%9B%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%B2%D1%96%D0%BA],
dutch [http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_nl:Infobox_gletsjer], and
german [http://mappings.dbpedia.org/index.php/Mapping_de:Infobox_Gletscher].

As you can see there is currently not much information available specifically
for glaciers. Though the infobox mappings could be improved.

We are certainly interested in mappings to external ontologies and datasets. So
feel free to create an ontology alignment. We can see how to incorporate the
mapping into the ontology. If there is an open dataset using the ENVO ontology,
you can create a dataset mapping and submit it via the DBpedia links repository
[https://github.com/dbpedia/links].

Let us know, in case there are open questions.

Best, Magnus

> Am 23.01.2018 um 11:26 schrieb Kai Blumberg <kblum...@mpi-bremen.de>:
>
> Hello dpbedia development team,
>
> I am currently writing my master's thesis with a focus on glacial semantics.
> I am a contributor to the Environment Ontology (ENVO) and am interested in
> enhancing dbpedia's glacial semantics by aligning them with ENVO classes.
>
> An example contribution I would like to make would be to change the dbpedia
> glacier class currently of rdf:type owl:Thing, to being of type ENVO:glacier.
> ENVO is also written in owl hence I would merely be improving the hierarchy
> of the terms.
>
> Allowing me to make such changes would constitute a preliminary step in
> aligning the dpbedia semantics with the OBO Foundry. Please let me know if
> you would be interested.
>
> Cheers,
> Kai

Magnus Knuth

Universität Leipzig
Institut für Informatik
Abt. Betriebliche Informationssysteme, AKSW/KILT
Augustusplatz 10
04109 Leipzig DE

mail: kn...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
tel: +49 177 3277537