Not to insult anybody,  but it's a constant theme on this site

http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/14432/querying-dbpedia-timeout-exception?page=1#14438

that beginners find it challenging to get a DBpedia instance up and
running.  This isn't really a flaw in DBpedia,  but DBpedia comes up
again and again precisely because it such an interesting data set to
work with.

I know there are no major challenges getting DBpedia up with Virtuoso
OpenLink,  other than figuring out exactly what to do to install the
software (different on Unix and Windows) and run the bulk loader.  Once
you're familiar with the product you can piece together the steps,  but
starting from zero people seem to have a hard time.

Could we get good step-by-step instructions on the Wiki for how to get
DBpedia loaded and running on UNIX and Windows from the bare metal?