Hi Heiko,

I think your query is correct and it is very likely that the "problem" lies
in the Wikipedia category system.
All I know about it (after a very shallow analysis which led me to
currently discard it for my purposes) is that it is not a tree (multiple
parents +  cycles).
Please bear that in mind when working with it :-)

Cheers
Andrea