Trying to resolve place names to URIs via the dbpedia lookup web-service.  What
I'm seeing is that less-specific results are showing up earlier in the order of
results than exact ones.  e.g...

sands$ ./dbpedia_lookup_place.rb "Massachusetts"

  Boston http://dbpedia.org/resource/Boston *
  Massachusetts http://dbpedia.org/resource/Massachusetts
  Cambridge, Massachusetts http://dbpedia.org/resource/Cambridge,_Massachusetts
  Worcester, Massachusetts http://dbpedia.org/resource/Worcester,_Massachusetts
  Springfield, Massachusetts
http://dbpedia.org/resource/Springfield,_Massachusetts

I of course want the most general of these, which is typically the one with the
exact name, though Boston comes up before Massachusetts.  It appears that
instead, the results are ordered based on refCount, which seems an odd choice
for a lookup service.

I can of course write code to iterate through the labels and pick the one
that's exact, but it seems like unnecessary work for the consumer of the data.
What is the best recourse here?

Another example:

sands$ ./dbpedia_lookup_place.rb "Alberta"

  Calgary http://dbpedia.org/resource/Calgary
  Edmonton http://dbpedia.org/resource/Edmonton
  Lethbridge http://dbpedia.org/resource/Lethbridge
  Red Deer, Alberta http://dbpedia.org/resource/Red_Deer,_Alberta
  Moose Jaw http://dbpedia.org/resource/Moose_Jaw

This is even more unfortunate because this URI (the exact resource) doesn't
even appear:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta

Cheers,

- Sands Fish