Hello all,

When interacting with the DBPedia sparql endpoint, I usually have a need for

For example, Films often have a thumbnail image associated with them, but so
far I haven’t found any thumbnails of films that actually return a working
image.

I.e. The Hobbit has a broken image associated with it:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/TheHobbit.png/200px-TheHobbit.png

Is there any plan to fix this behavior? Also, what are the challenges
associated with pulling data from wikipedia that may be time sensitive (in this
case, images that were once there, that are no longer there).

Regards,
Kristian Alexander

PS: When I first encountered this issue, I asked a question about it on stack
overflow, and there isn’t a good solution to it, so if anyone does have a
solution, feel free to post it there.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21296873/dbpedia-owlthumbnail-image-paths-are-broken