On 6/27/14 9:52 AM, Rumi wrote:
Hi Juan,

On 27-Jun-14 9:06 AM, Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio wrote:
charset=unicode" http-equiv=Content-Type>
Hello,
Very surprising results. The difference is so big that if you choose a random resource from the large result set, then it will probably not exist in the small result set. Have you tried? By the way, how do the live endpoints (http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql, http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql) compare to the standard endpoit (http://dbpedia.org/sparql) in terms of:
- Amount of data
- Response time
- Availability
Anybody knows about that?

http://live.dbpedia.org/sparql is currently pointing to http://dbedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql so contain the same data. This data is updated regularly with the latest changes from Wikipedia itself.

Statistics on the update process can be found at http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/live/

http://dbpedia.org/sparql/ is based on the 3.9 dataset as published by the dbpedia team.
It is a static dataset that is refreshed about once a year ...

So live.dbpedia.org has the newest data but in some cases dbpedia.org has some extra data from other datasets that live will not have.

As for Response time and Availability, it is a best effort project, so we make sure it runs most of the time, but we will not give guarantees for uptime and availability.

There are rate limiters and ACLs in place to make sure everyone gets a fair shot at running queries.

Those limits can cause problems for certain kind of analysis as such queries may timeout before giving meaningful data back. In such cases we strongly recommend users to setup a version of dbpedia in the cloud so they can have the same data but without competing with queries from other users.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Rumi Kocis

One little addition to what Rumi stated above, you can also try the instance at: <http://lod.openlinksw.com> which provides a LOD Cloud cache. Naturally, this will not be as up to date as the DBpedia-Live instance in regards to data transformed from Wikipedia documents etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO