*Any drupal developers, ontology enthusiasts or organizational talents out there? DBpedia needs you !*

We are currently looking for:

*A drupal developer/UI volunteer *
or in-kind contribution for the dbpedia.org website. Your engagement will help to make the content & mission of DBpedia easily accessible and share the DBpedia spirit.

*Technical support *
for the recently founded ontology group We need someone to manage and extend the DBpedia ontology on a day-to-day basis, i.e. merging requests, fixing code and create validation mechanisms for the ontology. We think that this position is best filled by a PhD student, whose topic is in the area of ontology maintenance and curation or by a developer of a company that uses the ontology for their products.

*Chair or co-chair for the DBpedia communications group*
The next position that is needed at DBpedia is someone with great organizational and communicational skills. Your job will be to coordinate dissemination efforts of DBpedia with the support of Sandra Praetor and Julia Holze from the DBpedia Association to give this working group focus and direction.

*Education contact*
To help young academics in the field of DBpedia to prosper, we are looking for senior scientists that will serve as (education) contacts for Bachelor, Master and PhD students, who write their thesis about DBpedia. You job will be to serve as an initial contact point for interested students, find supervisors as well as to mediate between DBpedia members and students in that regard as well as some minor organizational issues with educational institutions. For a detailed job description, please visit: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/open-positions.

You are interested in one of the positions? perfect, just get in touch with us via dbpe...@infai.org.

In case the offered positions are not quite your thing, I am sure we have other options of involvement available for people who want to exploit DBpedia’s great potential. Just send us your ideas!

For further information and detailed job descriptions, please check our website <http://wiki.dbpedia.org/>.

--
DBpedia Association

Institute for Applied Informatics (InfAI)

Hainstraße 11, 04109 Leipzig

phone: +49 341 97 32355
e-mail:ho...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
https://www.facebook.com/dbpedia.org/