On 31/10/12 16:28, Mitra, Maithilee wrote:
All, I work as a Data Manager at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health in
Baltimore, MD, USA.  Our team has been doing randomized clinical trials for
the last three decades and we have lots of longitudinal  data to manage.  I
am trying to learn more about metadata and how to use that to organize
archived data.  Is there anyone on this list who can guide me to a person in
the US who can provide overview and guidance about metadata creation? Books
or websites that have lessons I could take?

Maithilee
       You have some excellent advice available right on your
doorstep at Johns Hopkins. The Digital Research and Curation
Centre, based in the library, are a renowned center of
expertise in everything related to data management.

I would strongly suggest you begin there since I believe one
of their roles is to provide advice and support like this across
the university. I'm sure they read this list but I'm copying
their director in just in case.

--
Kevin Ashley. Director, Digital Curation Centre         http://www.dcc.ac.uk/
E: direc...@dcc.ac.uk   @kevingashley      http://slideshare.net/kevinashley

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.