Hi,

On 21 Feb 2008, at 19:10, Phelan, Tom wrote:
Sure, but is it needed? If you want DCCP-over-UDP encapsulation to be
seamless, then surely you need to try it every time a native
connection attempt fails. In that case, there's no need for separate
signalling.

I have a problem with this thought of failing over -- how long is it
going to take?  I see the desirability of this kind of seamless
operation, but it's going to take some thought to come up with a method
of doing it that doesn't have serious drawbacks.

We may be able to run both negotiations in parallel to avoid a long delay, but I agree that some careful thought is needed to get it right.

--
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/