Hi Rémi,

On May 18, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2011 21:56:52 +0100, Colin Perkins <c...@csperkins.org>
> wrote:
>> What's the concern here? Use the IANA registered port, unless specified
>> otherwise by the application. Any UDP tunnelling solutions must specify
>> UDP port.
>
> The concern is that we have two (pairs of) ports. This does not only not
> fit in the standard SDP m=line, but it does not fit in the traditional
> sockaddr_in/sockaddr_in6 abstraction (and its equivalent in many
> programming languages/frameworks).

I can't see why the two pairs of ports should be in the same sockaddr_in
structure. I'd assume a typical setup to be that DCCP applications continue
work as normally using DCCP sockets, and UDP encapsulation is controlled in
some other way (e.g., socket options as Colin suggested).

What do others think? Do we need clarification about API issues?

- Pasi