Em Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:21:28PM +0000, Gerrit Renker escreveu:
> | I am new of this mailing list and I am really interested in the
> | measurements you are performing with DCCP.
> This was more of a regression test, as there had been recent changes in
> the test tree, to see that the kernel (not userspace) still performs in
> a predictable way.
>
> | Which tool are you using ? Are you using Iperf for such measurements ?
> The setup is the one from
>       http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Net:DCCP_Testing#Regression_testing
> and, yes, it uses iperf.
>
> | Have you ever heard about D-ITG ?
>
> | You can find more information here:
> | http://www.grid.unina.it/software/ITG
> |
> | I am one of the authors of such platform and I have also
> | performed some very preliminary tests with DCCP.
> |
> | I would be very glad to have your opinion on that and I'm very interested
> | in improving its features, also with specific regard to the support of
> | transport protocols.
> |
> It is a very nice tool with many features. I only ran simple tests with it
> (version 2.6),
> again only as basic sanity tests -- the throughput result was similar to the
> one tested with
> iperf.
>
> I think that the tool has more to offer and can help improve/extend DCCP
> testing.
> Here is my list of points, hoping that the others will add theirs, too:
>
>  * would be good to have a standardised set of scripts, for
> comparison/benchmarking
>
>  * the built-in VoIP module only works for UDP -- is it possible to port this
> to DCCP?
>
>  * as per previous email, more complex traffic scenarios would be good, in
> particular
>    - switching on/off background traffic at times to observe
> TCP/flow-friendliness
>    - running multiple DCCP flows in parallel and at overlapping times

Does this tool records results in a database keyed by kernel
version/buildid for us to use it as a regression tool?

Something that would produce results around these lines:

"WARNING: test #23 counter #3 variance bigger than specified since the
last kernel tested (git cset 55ed793afb4a8025d33a8e6a5f2f89d5ac4d8432)!"

- Arnaldo
-