on 12-07-68, after 'it hurts me too', garcia asks the audience what they
would like to hear next, and he gets some responses, like 'morning dew' and
'alligator'.  he replies:  "  we're not gonna do "alligator" 'cause we're
without a drummer, it's ahh...  broke down...".  there is some more dialog,
including bear in the monitors, and they play 'morning dew'.

the cdrs that i have are soundboard > mono cassette, so it is hard to tell
how many drummers there are, but during the quieter passages, it sounds
like there is just mickey, and garcia's comments before 'morning dew' would
support that.

btw, this 12-07-68 show is well worth tracking down.  the playing is very
good, but even better is all the between song on stage bantering, with lots
of bear in the monitors, adding to the weirdness!

I-)  ihor