My reply to this first e-mail on 07/26/03 seemed to miss getting onto the
deadlists list for some reason.  So here it is again:

Stu wrote:
> Does anyone know when Buddy Cage replaced Garcia on pedal steel in the New
> Riders? I know Jerry occasionally sat in on banjo or guitar as late as '73
and I
> think Buddy Cage was in place by late '71 or early '72, so I'm asking when
> was Jerry's last performance as a full time member of NRPS? Thanks for any
help
> with this question,  Stu

The last show that is around on tape with Jerry is from 10/30/71.  Buddy's
first show, as far as he can recall, would have been 11/07/71. The earliest
tape we have with Buddy is from 11/11/71.

NRPS dates in circulation are getting pretty well documented at
http://db.etree.org/.

Noah