Band Grateful Dead

Venue Oregon State University, Gill Coliseum

Location Corvallis, WA

Date 11/15/68 - Friday posters  tickets, passes & laminates

Comments Mint Tattoo and local Corvallis band Big City Blue were the opening
acts.  Although the poster says "OSU Colliseum", the venue is actually called
Gill Colliseum.  Although scheduled to, Mint Tattoo may not have actually
played.  Marshall Adams, guitar player for Big City Blue had this to say: "Big
City Blue came together for the Grateful Dead Concert at OSU Gill Coliseum in
Fall Term 1968.  We were to open and Mint Tattoo was to also be featured.  We
had one set of material with Jimmy Hibbs doing most of the vocals and rhythm
guitar, Jim Knight on Bass, Ron Leach on drums, and Marshall Adams on lead
guitar and folk flute. Well  we opened and it went quite well.........35
minutes later we went back on and did our set again.  Seems that Mint Tattoo
was busy out in the parking lot doing whatever bands would do in a parking lot."

Download Sources None

Contributors David Sorochty , Iver McLeod , Kevin Weil , Marshall Adams

Caretaker David Sorochty email update

The "posters" needs to link to:

http://www.deadlists.com/posters/1960s/19681115.html

Additional info: