Deadlists currently shows Empty Pages being played on both 8/23 and
8/24/71. I've found this is incorrect. Though it shows up at the end
of our 8/23 audience tape, it was not played on that date.

Charlie Miller has posted on etree (and his setlist is confirmed by
David Lemieux from the vault copy): "I have the complete 8/23/71 sbd
and I can confirm that this is the setlist."

Set 1:
d1t01 - Big Railroad Blues
d1t02 - Playing In The Band
d1t03 - Mr. Charlie
d1t04 - Sugaree
d1t05 - El Paso
d1t06 - Next Time You See Me
d1t07 - Bertha
d1t08 - Me And Bobby McGee
d1t09 - Cumberland Blues
d1t10 - Big Boss Man
d1t11 - Loser
d1t12 - The Promised Land
d2t01 - China Cat Sunflower ->
d2t02 - I Know You Rider
d2t03 - Casey Jones

Set 2:
d2t04 - Truckin'
d2t05 - Bird Song
d2t06 - Cryptical Envelopment ->
d2t07 - Drums ->
d2t08 - The Other One ->
d2t09 - Me And My Uncle ->
d2t10 - The Other One ->
d2t11 - Cryptical Envelopment ->
d2t12 - Wharf Rat
d3t01 - Tuning
d3t02 - Deal
d3t03 - Brokedown Palace
d3t04 - Sugar Magnolia
d3t05 - Not Fade Away ->
d3t06 - Going Down The Road Feeling Bad ->
d3t07 - Not Fade Away ->
d3t08 - Johnny B. Goode

Our lousy 8/23/71 AUD is missing some chunks of the show - it's easy
to spot that the Empty Pages at the end is from a different source, as
it sounds markedly better than the rest of the tape.
Indeed, Empty Pages seems to come from the following night,
8/24. Miller suggests that it's from the 24th, and it doesn't match
the Empty Pages from 8/26.

Part of 8/24 was released on DP35, including the SBD of Empty
Pages. (As far as I know the full 8/24 setlist hasn't been posted
anywhere - perhaps Miller knows it?)
It's a nagging thought that more of the 8/24 audience tape must have
survived at one point, and just one song from it got tagged onto our
lesser-quality 8/23 source.  Jeff Tiedrich once claimed on the
deadlists forum that this Empty Pages was taken from one of Latvala's
tapes: "It was Latvala's filler on the first version of 1/26/69 to
circulate...the Chicago aud source of Empty Pages, labelled
'8/23/71'."  So my conjecture is: that there was a more complete
audience tape of 8/24/71 that was traded in the '70s (when Latvala
probably got it), but it more or less stopped circulating later on
(hence 'disappeared') because people thought it was the same tape as
our 8/23 AUD (and that show was then also labeled as 8/24!).  Another
possibility is that so few people got (or cared about) the 8/24 AUD in
the first place that it's never "circulated" at all.

Anyway, this leaves us room to hope that someday, some old-time trader
will go digging through tapes and realize that he has an overlooked,
unheard AUD tape from 8/24/71...