Actually, it was lightning that struck the stage, knocking out the
power...the thunder can be heard quite clearly on the audience tapes...I was
there as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadli...@nemesis.cs.berkeley.edu
[mailto:owner-deadli...@nemesis.cs.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Moore, Richard
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 4:16 PM
To: deadlists@nemesis.CS.Berkeley.EDU; dflynch....@internetmci.com
Subject: 7/10/90

At the end of the first set of the Raleigh, NC show on 7-10-90 there was a
heat-related power surge that knocked out the power to the stage while the
band was in the middle of the set-closing song The Promised Land. The Dead
left the stage only to return a short time later when power was restored.
The Dead started to play The Promised Land again at the point where they
lost power and played the song through to the end.

I was at this show. It was 104 degrees that day. This would make for a more
accurate note for show in Deadlists.

Thanks!

Bryan